Arizona SHRM 2018 State Conference Breakout Session Speaker Application
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2018 Arizona SHRM State Conference! Our theme this year is “Team HR: Making it Happen” (with a sports flare) and we are excited about the programming possibilities. Before completing an application, there are some expectations that we would like to outline:
• The conference will be held from August 28th – August 31st at the Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, 9495 W. Coyotes Blvd., Glendale, AZ 85305
• Selected presenters are invited to attend the entire conference free of charge
• All presentations must meet SHRM and HRCI certification guidelines (Click here for SHRM guidelines and click here for HRCI guidelines)
• Presentations that are/were previously certified for SHRM and HRCI recertification credits will receive priority consideration
• Presentations that meet business credit criteria will receive top priority (see guidelines below)
• Please note that your session titles are just as important as your content and are expected to assist us in our marketing campaigns to attract our attendees
• Each regular breakout session will be one hour and fifteen minutes (1.25) and all topics must be able to be presented with time for questions within the allotted time
• All speakers will be furnished with a projector, screen, podium, and a microphone and are expected to provide their own laptop and presentation loaded on their laptop with a backup USB
• We ask that presentations are not a showcase for promotion of your business, practice or product, and that you will not sell your products or services from the speaker platform. Instead we invite you to share your knowledge and wisdom to be showcased as a trusted SME
• There may be opportunities in which members of the press may be present during your session and that small snippets of your sessions could be videoed and used for promotional purposes
• Handouts will be made available to attendees electronically. Speakers will be responsible for printing handouts if physical copies are a part of your presentation. Arizona SHRM will not provide any printed handouts to attendees
• If selected as session speaker, you will be asked to submit your presentation slides by April 30th
• There is a possibility that your session could qualify for a Master Series or pre-conference workshop. The length of these workshops can be anywhere from 2-4 hours long. If your session is chosen for one of these workshops, our speaker committee will contact you with the details. Please see below for the Master Series/Pre-Conference workshop qualifications
A NOTE CONCERNING HONORARIA
SHRM has a tradition of using educational conference breakout sessions as a platform for innovation in the field of human resource management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of networking, a purpose for which the Society was founded. For keynote inquiries, please email email@example.com.
First review of applications will start on January 15th and the speaker application deadline is February 2, 2018. We will continue to accept applications after the deadline until all slots are filled. All speakers that submitted prior to the deadline will be notified after March 30th regarding submission and eligibility. All speakers that submit after the February 2nd deadline will be contacted after the March 30th date and then within two weeks of their submission thereafter.
Strategic Business Credits Guidelines
The types of activities that qualify for business credits are those that:
• Fall outside of HR’s primary responsibility, but requires HR to work with other departments.
• Support the certified professional’s knowledge of the business, such as finance, marketing, and specific organizational operations.
• Has a direct impact on the organization’s bottom line results and affect its mission, vision and goals.
• Are nontraditional HR and not specifically covered in the other five areas of the SPHR and SPHRi ECOs.
• Require certification holders to learn about a different business function or enter into a partnership with another department for the activity.
• Have an impact on the organization’s mission, vision, values, bottom line, policies or strategic goals and objectives.
• Develop certification holders’ skills in strategic planning, critical thinking, influencing, negotiation and leadership.
Master Series/Pre-Conference Workshop Guidelines
These two-hour to four-hour workshops allow for in-depth discussion and learning on new approaches, best practices, and provide practical takeaways and learnings for our attendees. These workshops are intended to provide our senior level and executive HR professionals with programming specifically geared to suit their professional development needs. In addition, these workshop are designed for interaction with their peers while addressing the expanding services HR professionals provide to their C-Suite colleagues and overall business needs. These workshops must meet the Strategic Business Credits Guidelines presented above.